Sime Darby Retail Motors Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 158 278 883) trading as Porsche Centre Parramatta is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) set out in the Privacy Act.
Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, that identifies an individual.
2. Collection of personal information
2.1 Kinds of information Porsche Centre Parramatta collects and holds
Porsche Centre Parramatta will not collect personal information about you unless that information is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities.
The personal information we may collect includes but is not limited to your:
- contact and personal details (eg: your phone number, registration and driver’s licence, gender, occupation an employment details, credit card, bank account, and home/email address);
- current and past interactions with us;
- your personal preferences; and
- ·vehicle, warranty and service details.
2.2 How Porsche Centre Parramatta collects your personal information
Porsche Centre Parramatta will collect personal information only by fair and lawful means, including without limitation:
- through our website
- through our social media channels
- ·on vehicle purchase contracts
- service orders
- ·over the telephone;
- through emails; and/or
- during person to person contact.
Porsche Centre Parramatta will collect information directly from you where it is reasonable and practicable to do so. If this is not possible, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information being collected as outlined in the collection statement.
3. How Porsche Centre Parramatta holds your information
From time to time, Porsche Centre Parramatta may hold your personal information in any combination of data storage facilities, cloud computing facilities or paper based files, which may be operated or held by Porsche Centre Parramatta or by third party service providers under a contractual arrangement.
To the extent required by the Privacy Act, Porsche Centre Parramatta will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date; store the personal information that we hold to protect it from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for any purpose that is permitted by the Privacy Act.
Porsche Centre Parramatta assumes no responsibility for the privacy practices of other organisations or websites (for example, those of third parties selling Porsche vehicles) even if a user is able to access those websites through the Porsche Centre Parramatta website. Porsche Centre Parramatta encourages users to review the privacy policies of any website before disclosing personal information
4. Purpose of Collection, Use and disclosure of personal information
4.1 How Porsche Centre Parramatta uses personal information
Porsche Centre Parramatta collects and uses personal information for purposes including:
- Purposes that are made clear at the time which the information is collected,
- any purpose relating to buying, selling, repairing, insuring, financing and loaning vehicles and parts, including registering the vehicle in the name provided by you, including sending order confirmation and welcome kits and administering warranty claims;
- responding to enquiries in relation to products that we sell and services we offer;
- customer assistance, care, contact and information
- any related purpose which would be reasonably necessary or directly related to one or more of our functions or activities;
- in relation to the sale or marketing of automotive events or products to you (including sending information about Porsche model launches or Porsche lifestyle events, and other related activities) and the financing, servicing or repair of those products.
If Porsche Centre Parramatta uses or discloses your personal information for a purpose (secondary purpose) other than the main reason for which it was originally collected (primary purpose) to the extent required by the Privacy Act we will ensure that:
- the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection, and you would reasonably expect that Porsche Centre Parramatta would use or disclose your personal information in that way; or
- you have consented to the use or disclosure of your personal information for the secondary purpose; or
- the use or disclosure is required by an enforcement authority or authorised by or under law.
During the course of our day to day business, Porsche Centre Parramatta may disclose your personal information to third parties outside our organisation, including but not limited to:
- those that you have consented we disclose your personal information to, either impliedly by your conduct, verbally or in writing;
- another Official Porsche Centre
- financers and insurers;
- any government agencies, including any licensing authorities and motor registries;
- contracted service providers including but not limited to mailing houses advertising and marketing agencies, mailing houses, printers, organisations that assist us to conduct promotions or market research, payroll service providers, recruitment agencies, debt collectors, data analysts, IT service providers, roadside assistance providers, database storage and service providers, cloud service providers and professional advisors;
- to related companies;
- as required by an enforcement authority, regulator, law, court or tribunal.
Porsche Centre Parramatta requires external contractors to comply with Porsche Centre Parramatta’s requirements in relation to confidentiality and privacy
4.3 Cross border disclosure
If Porsche Centre Parramatta transfers your personal information to other organisations outside Australia, we will comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act that relate to transborder data flows.
Porsche Centre Parramatta may disclose your personal information to related bodies corporate of Porsche Centre Parramatta outside of Australia, including those located New Zealand and Malaysia . Those related bodies corporate of Porsche Centre Parramatta will handle your personal information for the purposes set out in section 4 of this policy.
5. Cookies & Consent
Porsche Centre Parramatta websites use DoubleClick and Google Analytics, being internet advertising and analytics services provided by Google, Inc. (Google). Google uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help analyse how users use our site.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your anonymous IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Porsche Centre Parramatta may share the Google data with our third party service providers and the data may be used to optimise marketing or advertising initiatives. Every time you visit our website, certain customised information and advertising may be delivered to you based on the data stored in the cookies.
7. Access correction, complaints and enquiries
At all times, Porsche Centre Parramatta strives to ensure your personal information is treated confidentially and in accordance with the Privacy Act. You have the right to access your personal information held by us. If you believe your personal information has been handled in a way that does not comply with the Privacy Act , or if you wish to access or correct information that we hold about you, or opt out of any direct marketing material please contact us and provide as much information as possible to assist us in providing you with a prompt response. If you raise a concern or complaint about privacy, we will try and investigate it and respond to you within 30 days
All enquiries should be directed to:
Sime Darby Motors Retail Australia Pty Ltd
326 Church Street, Granville NSW 2141 Australia
Phone: +(612) 9933 8900
Fax: +(612) 9933 8962
ABN: 37 158 278 883
Porsche Centre Parramatta will generally provide you with access to your personal information (although an administration fee may be imposed). Porsche Centre Parramatta will take reasonable steps to amend any personal information about you which is inaccurate or out of date.
In some circumstances, Porsche Centre Parramatta may not permit access to your personal information, or may refuse to correct your personal information (in which case we will provide you with reasons for this decision).
For information about privacy generally, or if your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, please contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au and on 1300 363 992.
Policy last updated: July 2017